January 8, 2017

S.O.A.P.ING SCRIPTURE IN JANUARY  Remember that in the month of January, as we study the book of Colossians, we are going to take some time each week to S.O.A.P through the passage in advance of Sunday service.  Then come each Sunday prepared to share what the Holy Spirit has spoken to you through God’s Word.  Here’s the January schedule.

       January 8 – Colossians 1:15-19
       January 15 – Colossians 1:20-23
       January 22 – Colossians 1:24-29
       January 29 – Colossians 2:1-15 

SECOND WEDNESDAY  Please join with us in corporate prayer this Wednesday, January 11th, 7:00 pm.  This is a good opportunity to share the blessings and the concerns that your friends in the body have. The church that prays together…..

CALLING ALL CHOIR MEMBERS  The choir will be back for the January 29th service.  If you want to “make a joyful noise”, please contact Jaime Largaespada for details re: music and practice.

STRATEGIC PRAYER CALL 24/7  If you want more information about this PRAYER MOVEMENT  and how to pray for Orlando specifically and our country in general, please see Milt Monell.

GOOD NEWS CLUB  We are looking for additional team members for our GNC team – especially men. If you have Friday afternoons available and want to be a part of this incredible harvest opportunity, please contact Donna Rodgers to get more information.

TECH CREW RECRUITMENT  We are looking for a few good people to work on the tech crew.  If you have any interest/ ability in sound, lighting, computers, etc., please note “TECH CREW” on your communication card.  

MISSIONS GIVING  When you designate “Missions” on your envelope or online, 75% of your gift goes directly to the Great Commission Fund, and is sent monthly to C&MA headquarters.  The other 25% is directed to Other Missions, and subsequently split between other organizations or individuals who have been vetted and approved by our Elder team.  See today’s insert for details.  Thank you for your faithful giving to support international ministries through Westwood Church.
 
2016 GIVING STATEMENTS  Giving Statements for 2016 will be available in a couple of weeks.  You will be able to pick yours up from the back table, and save Westwood the cost of postage.

FINANCES 01/05/17 – YTD DATA

OPERATING BUDGET  $313,640

OPERATING INCOME  $297,894

OPERATING EXPENSES  $300,305

OPERATING INCOME OVER/UNDER BUDGET - $15,746

YTD MISSIONS GIVING  $ 25,052

YTD BENEVOLENT GIVING  $4,320